Thread: Panasonic Mx-70

Panasonic Mx-70

Hello everyone

I am a high school student and I operate the television broadcast studio for the school.

We recently purchased a Panasonic MX-70, as the engineer it is my job to learn more about this tool so we can use it with our broadcasts, sadly the manual leaves a lot to be desired

So my first question is, is there anyone here who would know how to use it and or make scrolling text on the screen?

Thanks

SRR
    Last edited by srrvideo; 15th Oct 2006 at 22:18. Reason: title and email notification change

Blog Entries
    I must admit that when it comes to vision switchers I'm still living in an analog world. The one I use is very old, although I hope to be using a digital switcher within 6 months or so.

I had a quick look at the MX70 manual and it seems to assume that you are already familiar with switchers. I suppose we can't blame them for that but it would be nice to have some resources at their website for those who are new to this type of equipment. I have to say that some of what I saw in the manual meant nothing to me, and it's not like my switching experience is that out of date.

Anyway, it seems that the switcher can connect to a PC via USB and use titles as a downstream key (DSK). If I were you I would start learning how it's DSK works and then move onto PC connectivity.

Sorry I can't be more helpful - hopefully someone else might be able to offer better advice.

PS Here's a picture for anyone who's curious...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com