camera for filming surf

just want to know whats the best camera for filming surfing in a reasonable price range

Blog Entries
    I can't offer any specific advice except that the housing will obviously be the main concern. Make sure you find a camera that will fit in a nice waterproof housing and be operated easily.

I guy I used to work with makes surfing videos - you could ask him if he's got any advice. The website is www.surfvisionvideo.com. I haven't seen his surfing videos but I've heard they are very good.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quote: Dave
    View Post
    I guy I used to work with makes surfing videos - you could ask him if he's got any advice. The website is www.surfvisionvideo.com. I haven't seen his surfing videos but I've heard they are very good.
    My god!!. That website needs help. Fast.

Sorry Dave, mine aint much better. His photos and videos look awesome but sheesh, that site needs a make over.
    A guy walks into the psychiatrist wearing only cling film for shorts.
    The shrink says, 'Well, I can clearly see you're nuts.'

Quote: westie
    View Post
    My god!!. That website needs help. Fast.

Sorry Dave, mine aint much better. His photos and videos look awesome but sheesh, that site needs a make over.

Ha Ha Ha i second that. It looks like a poorly done myspace page.

anyway as for your question. i use a Canon XL H1 for my under water shoots. I do more diving and marine life footage that i do surf. there a few less expensive models than the XL H1 that will fit in the same underwater housing. I would most def use something with a housing, unless you are just going to shoot from 20 back from the water

Blog Entries
    Quote: westie
    View Post
    My god!!. That website needs help. Fast. .
    Oo-eer, you're right! To be honest I didn't check it out properly - I just grabbed it from my favourites. If I see him again I might just mention that the astute judges at my website have been running his site down so maybe he should fix it
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com