outdoor speaker help

Hi all,

I am really new to this audio world, I mean i have been listening too music all my life but really havent bought speakers or amplifier.

I am doing landscaping and have run conduit under the lawn to feed thru speaker cable for installation of outdoor rock speakers.

I have a couple of questions.

1) I have read that for outdoor speakers it is recommended to use direct burial cable but this isnt speaker cable it is from my understanding cable used for low voltage lighting and the likes, since i am using conduit to run the cable would it be safe so me to use speaker cable like monster cable or is it still advisable for me to use the direct burial cables?

2) the speakers I am looking at are from the USA and are called OSDŽ HF15 Ultra Pro Reference Rock Speaker is there anyone out there that can tell me if these speakers are good or not as I am in Australia and before I pay US$300 for shipping of the speakers and the cost of the speakers I would like to know if I am wasting my money or getting good speakers.

Thanks for your help guys.
    ikhan42

First, you can use the same wire you would use indoors, maybe a little beefier if it is a long conduit run. Burial cable is more expensive and is not needed for conduit.

I looked at OSD's web site and those speakers look like a pretty good deal, considering thier 30 day money back guarantee, but I've never used that brand so I can't say how they will perform. Let us know if get them, and if they'er good. Cool?
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

when you say beefier you mean something like 10 gauge cable ? some one in one of the forums has toold me to get an electrical extension cord and chop the plugs off and use that cause the wire bigger and probably ideal for that kind of run.

I will tell you what the speakers are like I am going to get the 500watt sub woofer aswell.

Thanks
    ikhan42

10 ga wire is about right, mayby larger than you need. zip cord (x-tention cord is fine, but make sure it is copper, not zinc/aluminum, and make sure you solder everything, all the connections.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'