DV Deck with Smtpe I/O Connects to Recording Studio Ideas

I am doing research on dv decks. I have a recording studio, we use adec decks. I also do video recording and editing. I use a casablanca system. I have an xl1 and gl2 camera that I use. So far I have been using a cheapo sony dr camera for play/rewind/forward for connection to my casablanca. I need to just bite the bullet and get a real deck. But I don't want to buy without prior knowledge. I would like suggestions on a deck that will allow smtpe I/O for connective purposes in my recording studio as well. Would you please leave information for me on the type of decks you use or would suggest for this environment? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I have to admit that I use my camera (Sony HVR-Z1P) for playback and a cheap Panasonic NV-DS60 for rewinding etc. It's not ideal but a dedicated deck is soo expensive. Every time I look at prices I just think I could buy a decent second camera for that.

Sorry I can't offer any advice. I've never actually worked with a MiniDV deck and I've never even met anyone who owns one. I think most people in the MiniDV part of the market find it hard to justify a standalone deck.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com