convert a video on DVD to be played on internet

i was wondering if someone could help me convert a DVD video I have into a format which can be played from a website?

Blog Entries

Re: convert a video on DVD to be played on interne

Most likely you will need some sort of conversion software. Do you have any video editing software?

How big is the file?

appreciate your reply.

yeah, i have been looking online for conversion software. it gets a bit overwhelming for me to figure out what exactly i need.

the file is large, it's our wedding video on DVD about 1.5 hrs. i don't want to convert the whole thing, just a couple of chapters (maybe 5-10 min total)

Blog Entries

Hmmm, this won't be very easy.

I'm not normally a Microsoft fan but if you want to go with Windows Media Files, you could try the Windows Media Encoder. It's a free conversion utility and should do the job (I think).

Another option is simply to find a video producer in your area and pay for the conversion. I don't normally like to recommend this but if your time is valuable then it might work out cheaper to pay someone.

If you still want to attempt it yourself, it's quite helpful to know your level of experience with digital video and details about your computer system. EG DVD drive, how much hard disk space you have, RAM, processor, etc etc.

thank you. i will look into these options.