Movie makeing questions

Hi all

Im makeing a movie and i have a few questions, I have a old camera a JVC GR DVL 257.

I have bought a new battary for it. but for lens and directional microphone im not sure what kind of things will be best? as i need a wider view.

Whats the best type of lens to go for?, i wasnt looking to spend more then 20-30. Microphone wise it doesnt look like there is a slot thoe anyone else that might have one might have a idea?

Im going to edit it with pinnacle software aswell if anyone has any tips for that.

Anyway thx all
    Luke

Blog Entries
    Hi Luke,

I did a quick search for the specs on your camcorder and it does not appear to have a microphone input. This means you're stuck with the onboard mic, unless you can afford to get yourself a separate audio recorder (which would be quite a hassle - you'd have to sync the audio for editing which would be time-consuming).

The camcorder does not have a detachable lens, so rather than buying a new lens you are looking at a wide-angle lens adaptor. This is like a filter that screws onto the front of the lens. Your camcorder uses a 37 mm filter thread, so make sure you get the right size. I would recommend visiting your local camera stores and see what they can offer.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quote: Dave
    View Post
    Hi Luke,

I did a quick search for the specs on your camcorder and it does not appear to have a microphone input. This means you're stuck with the onboard mic, unless you can afford to get yourself a separate audio recorder (which would be quite a hassle - you'd have to sync the audio for editing which would be time-consuming).

The camcorder does not have a detachable lens, so rather than buying a new lens you are looking at a wide-angle lens adaptor. This is like a filter that screws onto the front of the lens. Your camcorder uses a 37 mm filter thread, so make sure you the right size. I would recommend visiting your local camera stores and see what they can offer.

Dave is correct on both parts......what he did not mention is that getting a separate audio recorder will probably make the audio A ton better. It is worth looking in to.....and as far as the wide angle adapter this is a affordable way to go, and as Dave said, GO TO THE CAMERA STORE and let them help you!

Honestly...for what it sounds like you are looking for...you many want to (hold on to your hats now) Look into getting a new camera....because if you decide to go for a good wide angle adapter and a external audio board and recorder you are going to be up there in cost.

Hope this helps
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!