Adobe Premiere Help

I'm creating a video using Snapz ProX on the mac on a G4 powerbook (17") and I'm capturing the entire screen in doing so. I'm saving this file as a quicktime file and importing it into Premiere. I can't seem to be able to configure the settings in Premiere to capture the screen size I have, i.e. it either squashes it horizontally or puts black bars to the left and right. I tried to save for windows and enter in the paramiters but it still messes it up....

Any advice?

-Ss

Blog Entries
    If you want your screen capture clip to be exactly the same size as the video frame in your Premiere project, you need to create the project with the same dimensions as the clip (or at least the same aspect ratio). If the project has a different aspect ratio to the imported clip, you'll see some sort of compromise to fit the clip in the frame (eg letterbox, pillars or image distortion).
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Premiere Help

Well I was able to find the area in Snapz Pro where I can choose a 16:9 aspect ratio, but when I bring this clip into Premiere and work it, then export it, it still looks like Premiere is squashing it in on the left and right. I'm choosing every option to be 16:9 widescreen in Premiere as well, any ideas?

Also, this little test file I'm now working with is only 772K and I can't seem to find the proper settings within Premiere to kist keep all the compression settings normal to preserve the size and quality of the existing video....when I export this as a quicktime file it's rediculously HUGE, as in 25 Megs+. Any suggestions there as far as export settings go?

-Ss

when you start a new project in Premiere (2.0) it askes you what you want the final output to be. Maybe thats where you need to make the change.

Is your screen (monitor) resolution one that fits a 4x3, or is it widescreen? If it's 4x3, it won't fit a widescreen project, even if you do set your capture program to 16x9.

Quote: Morglor9
    View Post
    Is your screen (monitor) resolution one that fits a 4x3, or is it widescreen? If it's 4x3, it won't fit a widescreen project, even if you do set your capture program to 16x9.

this is exactly right the G4 powerbook is not a 16:9 resolution screen. it is a 4:3 that is streached. the project is not gettin 16:9 input in which case is not going to gve it to you output sorry
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!