germar

Re: Connecting 2 VCRS

This is a follow-up message for the previous one.

I'm using:

Sharp (20K-S100/120V/60Hz/88W) as record vcr's monitor.

Zenith (VR4156/120V/60Hz/19W) as record vcr.

RCA (VR519/120V/60Hz/18W) as source vcr.

Both Zenith and RCA have one video output & input and one audio output & input.

As the previous message mentioned, everything worked well last week but yesterday. I couldn't figure out what part of process was missing and what went wrong. So, I tried to switched vcrs around. It doesn't matter which vcr used as a record machine, I could see record vcr's tape on record TV. However, after the record vcr stopped playing tape, the source vcr's tape still didn't show any image on the record TV.

I even switched A/V cables around ex. from connecting source and record vcr to record vcr and TV. All two A/V cables functioned well.

Please advise what should I do now? Thank you very much for your help.

From U.S.A.

germar

Connecting 2 VCRs

I need help!

Last week was the very 1st time in my life to try to connect two VCRs and copied a dance instruction video. Thanks for your helpful website which taught me how to do it and sucessfully made a copy.

However, I didn't know what's going wrong today. I spent the whole day today and made sure that all the connections were correct. When I played a tape on the record vcr, it worked well. But when I played the same tape or any other tapes in the source vcr, there was no image at all on TV. Therefore, I won't be able to make a copy. I was very frustrated. Can anyone help me out?

I am sure my A/V cables have no problem, so do the two Vcrs. Now I really don't know what went wrong.

From U.S.A.

Blog Entries

It sounds like the record VCR does not have the source VCR selected as the input. On the record VCR, do you have a way to select the "input" or "source"? If your remote looks like the one below, you can see the source button to the right of the stop button. This type of selector usually allows you to choose TV or VCR. The TV input is the RF (aerial) input, VCR is the AV (separate audio & video) inputs.

This is what you need to change. Play a tape in the source machine and try selecting each of the source options and hopefully you'll find the correct one.

germar

I made it ! I made it ! Thank you so much, Mr. Owen !!

After reading your reply, I tried and tried, and still couldn't make RCA(source) worked. But after I switched RCA to record machine and was not really sure how that happened, the Zenith(source now) just worked shortly !

I know this case is just a piece of cake for you. But for the person like me who knows nothing about editing, recording etc., it's the most delightful and joyful thing happened in these two days! I think your website is the most useful website/tool of my experience with internet. Thanks to internet this new hi-tech too.

Sincerely thank you for your time and help,

Sabrina
    San Francisco, California
    * p.s. I have the exactly same Zenith remote control as your picture : )

Blog Entries

No problem Sabrina, happy to be of assistance. Thanks for all your kind words - it really does help our morale to hear this stuff!

By the way, well done on providing useful information with your questions. Since you described your setup well and provided the exact model numbers of your equipment it was easy to imagine your situation and pull up a relevant photo. Makes it a lot easier to get on the same wavelength and work together

-dave