Thread: Embedded Video

Embedded Video

I want to embed video on the web and found the information here of great value. I am using the following code successfully, but want it to display an image in the player window when the site is first viewed. At the moment it only shows an image when the play button is clicked. I am sure there is a simple way of doing this, but I cannot find it!

<OBJECT ID="MediaPlayer" WIDTH="192" HEIGHT="190" CLASSID="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"
    STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject">
    <PARAM NAME="FileName" VALUE="myvideo.wmv">
    <PARAM name="ShowControls" VALUE="true">
    <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="false">
    <PARAM name="ShowDisplay" VALUE="false">
    <PARAM name="autostart" VALUE="false">
    <EMBED TYPE="application/x-mplayer2" SRC="videofilename.wmv" NAME="MediaPlayer"
    WIDTH="192" HEIGHT="190" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" ShowDisplay="0" autostart="0"> </EMBED></OBJECT>

Blog Entries
    Actually I don't know if there is an easy way to do that. I've been through all the available parameters for Windows Media Player and I can't see any likely candidates. I've also searched quite a lot and I can't find any indication that it can be done, but it's not an easy thing to search for so I may have missed something.

If anyone does know a way to do it, please let us know as I'd like to make a tutorial page about it.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com