PC Web Design Software

Hey folks,

I'm looking to make a personal website. Can anyone recommend software for the PC except Dreamweaver that provides an easy-to-use process for making websites?

Blog Entries
    I'm guessing you don't want Dreamweaver because of the price? That's about the only reason I can think of because it's probably the best web design software available.

If you're looking for a cheap or free alternative, Nvu gets a lot of good press.

http://www.nvu.com
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

I agree, if you are looking for the most robust html editor, Dreamweaver is the way to go.

Check out the following link
    http://www.buildwebsite4u.com/resour...-editors.shtml

It provides and excellent comparison of the free/not free most popular html editors available.

Good luck

why no dreamweaver?

if you're good on ur coding, use notepad. even dreamweaver has mistakes - for pure and perfect coding u must do it by hand. failing that, try anything, like word or frontpage. if ur keen on word, why not extend to using it for making web pages - will probably enhanse ur general knowledge of it in the process

Hey thanks for your replies. I guess I was after something simple and easy like Rapidweave on the Mac. I've done personal websites before as a kid using Dreamweaver and really don't fancy or really have the time to dedicate doing it again for a personal project.

dreamweaver is the way to go it will make coding faster because of the hints and the new cs3 dreamweaver has a lot of new features
    hint: learn how to use bit torrent

hint: azures powns bittorrent

but

they both work

Well...

Dreamweaver is best for web design software...

Dreamweaver will not work in people who "afraid" html I prefer tool and program which is easy to use and does not require knowledge of html or css. I chose Artisteer, with it I can create every sort of templates.

I agree with you Dreamweaver is best for web designing software, with this my personal experience.