Wireing RCB connectors from pc output

Hi,

I need to connect two phono leads onto the output of the pc. I have used normal speaker cable but how do you wire the phono leads.

The wiring diagram here mentions wiring the sleeve, how do you do this? Do I need a different type of cable?

Yes, you need different cable. You need two pieces of coaxial cable. Coax has a wire inside of a wire mesh (the shield), inside of a jacket. You will connect the inside wire of one piece of coax to the red side (tip) of the trs jack, then the inside wire of the other piece of coax to the blue side (ring) of the trs jack, and then connect both wire mesh shields together to the black (sleeve) part of the trs connector. You will then have two separate coax cables connected to the trs jack. Lable the one connected to the tip (red) as "right channel" and the one connected to the ring (blue) as "left channel" Now connect them to the rca plugs. IMPORTANT! Be shure to use a heat sink when soldering the wire mesh shields!!
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

Is this the sort of cable I need?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...No=127&doy=4m9

Not exactly. Notice that the cable it the site you list has 2 wires inside the inner jacket. you need cable that has one wire inside. Get cable from ProCo.com. Regular mic cable, shielded, single conductor. (tho I hate to promote any company, I know the reliability of this one; industry standard and all that.)
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'