JVC Everio GZ-MG505EK camcorder please help!

Hello,

I am planning on filming weddings part-time on the weekend as an extra earner to my full time job, and am looking for a top quality camera. I have used sony PD150's and sony VX1000's at university but the cheapest I can find any used ones is about 950- 1100, and its just not in my budget scale!
    So I thought I could get the next best thing which is the JVC GZ-MG505EK camcorder. I know it will produce great quality shots, but I would like to know if I could focus pull using this camera, and how would I do it? I need to be able to film weddings artisitically and focus pulling is a great uncheesey way to do it!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks alot,

stephen

Blog Entries
    When I first saw a picture of the camcorder I thought the ring at the front might be a focus ring, but on closer inspection it doesn't look like it.

The screen shot below is from the GZ-MG505EK user manual. Apparently manual focus is done using that little button/menu control. I really don't know how user-friendly that will be but I'm not optimistic. I think you need to get hold of a model in your own hands and give it a try, otherwise you may find that it's too difficult or impractical to use.

We have the complete user manual for this camcorder in our database of operating manuals if you're interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com