Light Acessories for Sony DCR HC-42

I've serious issues when recording in low light situation with my DCR HC 42 camcorder.

I am considering buying a HVL-HL1 3 Watt Video LightHVL-HL1 for my sony handycam DCR HC42.

The question is: What do you guys think about this acessorie? Is it worth it? Will it solve my problem or maybe it's better to buy some other more advanced?

this al depends. i would go for he bigger light if they make one the 3w usually is not enough. however, if it is just a bit dark, and you can almost solve this problem by opening the iris all the way, then it may work..

Questions to you so i can have a better idea.......how often do you shoot? how far away is the subject usually? is it for personal use or are you selling your work? is there fast action in the shots?

answer these and i will give you more advice once i see what you are looking towards.
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

how often do you shoot?

Once per week, some times more, some times less.

how far away is the subject usually?

3, 4 meters, except when I record soccer games. In that case, a little bit more. But the stadium has its own light.

is it for personal use or are you selling your work?
    The soccer games is personal. All my other use is professional.

is there fast action in the shots
    Again, only in the soccer games

I would like to know what light acessorie should i buy to my DCR-HC42, being more powerful than 3W and compatible with my cam.

how often do you shoot?
    Once per week, some times more, some times less.

how far away is the subject usually?
    3, 4 meters, except when I record soccer games. In that case, a little bit more. But the stadium has its own light.

is it for personal use or are you selling your work?
    The soccer games is personal. All my other use is professional.

is there fast action in the shots
    Again, only in the soccer games

I would like to know what light acessorie should i buy to my DCR-HC42, being more powerful than 3W and compatible with my cam.

To be honest with you. I would look in to getting a light kit, even if it is a beginner one. if you are shooting professional at all, you should have more then a face light......hell 90% of the time you really do not want direct face light as it is. I know this may not be the answer that you are looking for, they can be a bit pricey.....however, the quality of your work will be tripled. and that should bring you in more money!

Hope this helps
    Manoni Productions

Light Toolkit

In that case what light kit do you recommend? Please, send me a url.

Here is a good kithttp://www.videomaker.com/article/10395/

Do not forget to get a soft box and a good set of gels too.

Cool Lux also makes a good set.

http://cool-lux.com/Merchant2/mercha...gory_Code=DAKT

Hope this helps
    Manoni Productions