recording church service

I would like to record the worship service at our church to give to the sick and shutin members. We had been using a cassette recorder plugged into the mixer board. I would like to record to a computer instead using one of the "monitor send" outputs of the mixer board. Is there any special equipment needed or can I just plug into the mike or line in jack on the computer. The reason I am doing this is to be able to edit the recording and them burn it to a cd and possibly put it on the web as streaming video (when our web master learns how ).

You should get in touch with a company called Podcast Digital - www.podcastdigital.co.uk. They'll be able to give you all the advice you need and Podcast it on the Internet which is basically like an audio stream, except a lot better and can be published in the iTunes directory etc!

I know they record into a Mic that goes onto a Laptop and they'll be able to recommend software, hardware etc.

Tell 'em Mark from The Beat Suite told you!

Quote: wthwolf
    View Post
    I would like to record the worship service at our church to give to the sick and shutin members. We had been using a cassette recorder plugged into the mixer board. I would like to record to a computer instead using one of the "monitor send" outputs of the mixer board. Is there any special equipment needed or can I just plug into the mike or line in jack on the computer. The reason I am doing this is to be able to edit the recording and them burn it to a cd and possibly put it on the web as streaming video (when our web master learns how ).
    if you want a cheap way out, get a gemini I-key which converts a line level out of your audio mixer and converts it to wave or compressed files, Then grab a jump drive (portable usb storage device) and then all you have to do is pop the drive into your computer and drag the files into whatever program you want to use.