Removing date and time

I really need some help or advice. I have a Panasonic VHS-C PV-L 606 camera and part of a wedding was filmed with it by my wife and she forgot to turn off the date and time and it is on the tape. Is there any way to remove the date or time off of it? Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately you can't remove the time/date stamp from analog formats like you can with digital formats. In your case it's actually recorded as part of the picture.

The only way you can try to remove it is with editing software but unless you happen to be very good at image manipulation it's unlikely that you'll be happy with the results.

Some people simply cover up the stamp with a black box - this is usually a last resort if the date is wrong or absolutely must be removed. Another alternative is to create a blurred-out area around the stamp which lessens it's impact but isn't as stark as a black box.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

If you have the ability to put a black box around it, you may want to see if you can matte the top and the bottom, It will make it look wide screen, although it will not be, and sometimes is a good option. It all depends on how high the t & d stamp in on the image.
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

I really appreciate your replys. At least with your suggestions I have something to try. Thanks again!