recordig thearter productions

hi
    i use a sony dcr-trv230e camera and have alot of probs recording thearter productions with colour rendition the faces of acters are almost white due to the intencity of the lighting tried many settings on camera still no good do i need a better camera if so which one or can i use a polerizing filter or something similar
    any help greatly appreciated

thanks

what lighting are you using? just the head light from the camera? if that is the case, you should turn that off and get some lighting set up around your subject, just a head light will throw off any filter or iris problem that you may have
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Blog Entries
    I suspect electro31 doesn't have any control over the lighting. Theatre lighting is very difficult to work with and the lighting is horribly uneven. I have found two things to help with this problem but unfortunately neither of them are cheap:

(1) Get a better camera. You really want a camera that can deal with a high contrast ratio (the difference between the brightest and darkest parts of the picture).

I recently did a test at a school production in which I compared a high-quality Sony HDR-Z1P with a much cheaper Sony camcorder (I forget the model number). The difference in quality was amazing - the Z1P was able to deal with a far greater range of lighting conditions while still showing the detail in faces.

(2) Use two cameras. One can stay locked off on a wide shot while the other concentrates on close-ups. It's hard to explain how this helps with lighting but it does give you a lot more options.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

yes u are correct i have no control over lighting as this is used in the production any idears on the new sony 3ccd hdef cameras

i read the question wrong.

As far as the Sony 3cdd camera i do not know much about them, I just aquired a JCV 3ccd HD cam for my self tho. And it is good......Damn good.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

but as dave said......NOT CHEAP
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!