Auto Shut Off on SOny DCR-TRV310

I use my Sony DCR-TRV310 DigiCamcorder as a webcam for my mac. Unfortunatly, even when in use (Like webcaming people. Not when using it for filming) it shuts off during a certain period of time, even when hooked up to the charger. There is no option to turn this off in the menu, is there any other way?

Please excuse bad spelling, if there is any.

You can remove the tape out of the camera, and it will not shut off anymore. I use this camera setup for my son's golf on our computer.

if you remove the tape and try to record, will it not tell you that there is no tape? I do not have, nor have i used this camera, but the cameras that i do have, this will happen and it will not record?
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Blog Entries
    If they are only using it as a webcam they shouldn't need to use the record function.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quote: Dave
    View Post
    If they are only using it as a webcam they shouldn't need to use the record function.

Dave this is true......however, if he is having a problem with the auto cut off, then the camera may be programed to shut off when not in record mode. i the canon XL H1 is set up this way (this is the camera that i am currently using as a web cam [I know it is a little pricey for a web cam, but i could not bring my self to totally get rid if it when i got my JVC HD Cams])
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!