Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Streaming Video Expert

If there are any streaming video experts out there willing to help me out for a fee, please PM me. Thanks.

OK I see that PM has been disabled in this forum. Send me an email (in my profile) if you are interested in making some money and can help me to set up progressive streaming of WMV and MOV files on my website. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Not a reply to your request, but I thought I'd let you know that I've re-enabled PM on this forum. I had previously disabled it due to abuse but I'm willing to give it another try now.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Dave,

Can you at least PM me with names of people you know who could help me? Thanks.

TIA

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately I don't really know of anyone who is an expert and available for this type of work. The only people I know who I would call streaming video gurus are completely booked or working for a company and not interested in outside work.

Is there any way you can tell us more about your requirements, e.g. exactly what type of website it is and how you envisage the video working? What type of video will you be working with? Lots of different clips? Changing often or the same clips? Will users be uploading clips? Do you need automated conversion? Do you need additional features like ranking, tracking, etc?

If your situation isn't too demanding I might be able to help. I just can't get involved in anything complex as I don't have the time.

I also suspect that there are some people who could help with simple projects but are scared off at the thought of a project that might be too difficult.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thanks Dave. I am thinking this is an easy job, but I know little about what is required. In the other thread I started, I listed the code used to try a progressive download of one of our videos. The problem is that the video would only play after the entire video downloaded. Given that some of our videos are 40 min+ and over 100MB in size, this complete download can take quite some time. So,

I need to have an embedded player to progressively stream our videos (in both WMV and MOV versions).

You can check out my website to get a feel for what we're doing.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry I haven't replied properly yet. I did have a look at your site but unfortunately I'm quickly running out of time before I need to leave town for a few days. I'll check the forum if/when I can while I'm away. I'll try my best to reply as soon as I can (if I forget, please bump this thread).
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

:bump:

Video Streaming

Hello there, I can help you, I have extensive experience with streaming movie formats for web delivery.

If you need a hand getting you footage online in a no hassle format please drop me a line or email me.

admin(@)video-tutes.com

I sent you an email but it keeps coming back saying it was spam and to reply to verify that it wasn't spam, but the cycle repeats. Can I call you at some number to discuss? You can PM me your #.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast