New to everything digital

Hello!!! Finally I've found a place where I can ask questions and I see that people do help here each other. You're doing a great job here!
    I used to work a little with PA, but everything was analogue and very understandable. I'd like to learn how to work with sound recording software and to get some skills in sound-to-picture techniques. So that is my first project:
    I'd like to dub (I don't know if it's the right word for recording someone's voice over the video in English) one movie which I have in avi format. What do I have? My PC, a mic, WMP, Movie Maker, Adobe Audition 2.0, Nero Wave Editor, Virtual Dub, Adobe AfterEffects, Adobe Premiere.
    Please tell me if I record my voice on my PC, can I cut then this record and to fit the pieces to a video? How should I do it? If u know a better way (and I'm sure that there exists a much better way to do this) please tell me about it. Thank you.
    Last edited by Anastasiya; 12th Jan 2007 at 16:18.

ok i'll take a stab at helping you and trying to make you understand. record your voice (or whom ever you are using) in Audition. then bring the tracks into (import) premiere, also bring your .avi into premiere. Line up the voice tracks to where you need them to go, and WallA you are done.

hope this helps, also i would like o welcome you to the forums.
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Welcome!