Broadcasting to 500+ users

Hello,

I am going to setup a Streaming Server, that is going to broadcast some videos (not on demand) to a lot of simultanious viewers.

I have installed a Windows Media Server, and it's actually running fine, with a limited number of users (the total bandwith usage iskilling me).
    If I use MultiCast I can only run it internal, not over the internet.

How can I resolve this?
    How is ex. the TV-stations that are showing their programs on the internet doing it?

It's important, that we don't require the endusers to install anything (allmost). We have choosen Windows Media Player, because most people has this.

I am open to any suggestions, it don't have to be Windows Media Server, but I would prefer Windows

/jbe

I believe you need windows enterprise to use multicast, not sure. Anyhow you need two servers and the client isp needs to support multicast anyhow. All the information is in your wms help on how to set it up.

You are right about the version of Windows, only Enterprise and Datacenter versions supports Multicast.

Anyway, MulitiCast are generally only supported on LAN's not WAN's, so I dont think that would be possible at all, to use.