Thread: Still Captures

Still Captures

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and am just as new to video editing. Basically, I have no formal training in video editing. Everything I can do has been learned on my own at the request of my employer. I ran into an interesting situation while trying to capture still images from a video using Adobe Premier.

What happened was the software tried to create still photo's of every frame in the movie. I sent the location of the still to be put on the desktop, and naturally the entire desktop filled up. So I deleted everything and finished what I was doing and shut down. When my boss fired up the PC the entire desktop was filled with the still images that I had deleted. Anyone have any clue as to what is going on? Thanks for any help/insight that anyone has.

FYI, I wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the images forum, so I appologize if in the wrong location. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    How are you exporting the frame? You should be able to put the Current Time Indicator at the desired point, then select File > Export > Frame. It should save a single bitmap image.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com