I am Sorry One More Transparent Background Question!

Hiyah
    I have the newest version of Photoshop CS2 9.0... something like that!
    I have a 3D wallpaper of a flower with a pink background n words, every time i tried to cut the pink back ground n the words and only get the flower n the leaves n those pricky things sticking out of the flower, some parts of the leaves and the pricky things also gets cutted!
    Its so frustrating. I have uploaded the image in a website so everyone see what i am talking about!

Original Image:

http://pic1.picbin.net/direct/4crynko.jpg

The Image Which I am trying to create:

http://pic1.picbin.net/direct/bhzhlyh.jpg

So overall, I want the flower, Leaves n the Pricky things which is sticking out n NOTHING ELSE!
    So if anyone can cut the background for me n post it here or tell me how to cut it off without cutting any of the flowers etc out please tell me so.
    Have i confused anyone?

Ok so that is a real hard one to do for a beginner (which you posted in the lobby). It can be done and if i find some time in my busy work day i will give it a shot. it will take time and patience, that is for sure since all the colors are so close.
    Last edited by kawsakimx6; 23rd Jan 2007 at 14:37.
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Awww YAY! One reply for mah thread! *excited*
    Thank you Kaw! *hugs*
    Yeah whenever you have time you can do it for me, or tell me how to do it as i will need to do it in the future too.
    I can't come back n annoy you like this everytime!
    I am making a wallpaper for my friendz bday n his bday is in may, so i have plenty of time to wait n learn!

ok so i did it. I try to do every thing in just photoshop cs2 (no special plugins that most peeps don't have) what i did is zoom in and use the eraser to go around the photo. (if you click the eraser then hit shift, and click the eraser somewhere else on the image, it will make a straight line between the two) after i went all round it with a 2pt eraser, i used the polygonal lasso tool, to lasso the unwanted. it is that simple it took me about 10 min.

the first one is just a cut out, one you can use, just magic wand the white out.

the second one is with the shaddow back on it, all you have to do is use the first one, magic wand the white out, then apply a drop shaddow and adjust it to your liking

hope this helps you understand Photoshop a bit more. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

OMG your a genius!
    Thank You so so so much Kaw!
    You just made mah day!
    I can never do this, *told you i was dumb*.