Wiring video in the home

Hello all - good info from everyone here, though I couldn't find an exact answer to my question.

I'm currently wiring my house for video and audio, intalling audio RCA, video RCA, component, S video, ethernet and coax in most rooms in the house. All will be wired to a closet housing distribution amps, routers, patch bays, etc.

I have some reclaimed cable I'd like to use in 2 types:
    1 pair insulated conductors, wrapped in foil with a bare-wire ground
    2 pair insulated conductors, each pair wrapped in foil with a single bare-wire ground.

My question is: can I use the 2 pair cable to wire the component (RCA)jacks, wiring each individual conductor to the center pin of each R, G and B, and spliting the foil ground to the rings of the RCA jacks?

Thanks in advance.
    Brizmo

Video wiring

To be honest, if you wiring up a whole premises, it's best to get it right even if that means paying a bit extra. Component and RGB signal are very fussy about what cable they're sent down, firstly if your running any more than a few tens of feet, timing errors will occur with the signals arriving at different times causing a coloured ringing on the display, this would be worse with HD. Also being analogue, the levels are important and so are reflections, so the cable needs to be 75 ohm with correct temination, (IE terminate or bridge for multiple displays). Personally I'd get hold of some good qaullity van-damme cables used for pro intsalls. I'd run double lenghts to each room from the patch closet of, a good qaulity RF co-ax, y/c video cable with 2ch audio, composite video coax with 2 channel audio, RGB/Component, six independent audio channels, CAT6 network cables, and 6 core telephone type cable. It may seem over the top, but having had experience of this, its much easier to put everything in at once.
    If you need to run RGB/component over a very long distance and don't have access to a TDR to do the timings, SDI or HD-SDI might be worth a look, but its quite expensive for the converters.

Thanks, I think I'll go with RG6

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that 2/3 of the project is post construction, so it will be just as difficult to run it now as later. The installation length is no more than 50 ft (small house). The reclaimed cable is from a take-apart of a professional video studio - I think I'll just use that for audio.

From your advice and other info I've found, I'm going with a 1/3 75ohm RG6 I've found for the video connection. I'll try it through my dist amp (which has BNC termination plugs) and, if I get ringing, will install the necessary fix.

For the upstairs, which is the new construction, I'm loading it with extra cables - we'll see how future-proof we can get.

Thanks again.