Thread: XLR combo jacks

XLR combo jacks

Hi - I have purchased some XLR/TRS Neutrik combo jacks for installation. The model is NCJ6F-IS0. There are 6 solder connections on the back. (3 for xlr pins 1,2,3 and 3 for T,R,S for tyhe 1/4 plug.) I cannot get these wired to work. They are going accross a snake and into a Mackie 1604 VLZ pro mixer. Can anyone help with how to wire these combo jacks?
    Thanks!

Quote: asbennett
    View Post
    Hi - I have purchased some XLR/TRS Neutrik combo jacks for installation. The model is NCJ6F-IS0. There are 6 solder connections on the back. (3 for xlr pins 1,2,3 and 3 for T,R,S for tyhe 1/4 plug.) I cannot get these wired to work. They are going accross a snake and into a Mackie 1604 VLZ pro mixer. Can anyone help with how to wire these combo jacks?
    Thanks!

Are you wiring this as a seperate 1/4" connection and xlr connection on the other end or as a combo of either to one connector?

I would solder a jumper between the XLR posts and the TRS posts, you should be able to wire them this way... have you cecked the jacks with a volt/ohm meter? try wiring one the way I just suggested and then test your connection... I don;t know why you would have to wire both seperately, you can only use one at a time...

You should be able to wire them by soldering a jumper between the XLR posts and the TRS posts.