Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Twisted pair to RCA

    I have a question please. I am switching out receivers for audio in my house. Since I do not have a basement, I used the existing CAT5 wiring from the junction panel to the rear of my den to connect my surround sound system. Works great. Till now

    Switching out the receivers, the new one has a Monaural plug for the subwoofer. How can I splice the two wires to connect to a RCA plug. Do they mesh together? Is the ground and the shielded just connected the way any wires would? One left out?

    Its a powered Sub, so no current is needed. I can see the differential but I was wondering if there was a simpler way.

    Thanks everyone.

  2. #2
    Is there no way to do this or have I just not explained the situation correctly?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Subscribe to us on YouTube