Henry Morgan

Video Recorders For Copying: 3 Slots to 2 Slots

I'm trying to make a recording of a home made video using two video recorders but can't get it to work.

One video recorder that I am using for playing the original tape has two sets of 3 connection slots. I connected a 3 connector cable to the white out slot, red audio out slot and yellow video out slot.

On the machine I'm using for recording, there are only two sets of two slots. I connected the other end of that cable into the corresponding red Audio In and Yellow Video In. The third white cable connection is left homeless since there is no third connector on that machine. I left the coaxal connection from the record video to the TV intact. I'm not getting any recording.

Is this the correct way to connect when copying videos or do I need some converter since the white connector is left homeless on the recording machine.

Henry Morgan

Re: Video Recorders For Copying: 3 Slots to 2 Slot

OK, it seems like I got it to work even though the white plug of the cable is not plugged into anything on the recording VCR. I think earlier I didn't set the vcrs on AV/Input. If anyone has anything else to add please do. I'm completely new to this.

Eglo

Good to see you got it to work. Your record vcr must be mono audio (not stereo). That's why there's only one audio input. Have a look at the audio outputs on the player vcr - is one of them labelled "mono"? If so, use that one for your audio output. If not, don't worry too much because it should still work okay.

Henry Morgan

Thanks.