Thread: Field Mixer

Field Mixer

Hi to all, my turn to ask a question: I need a field mixer for basic production work (IVs, high school/college student productions). Just 2 to 3 XLR inputs will do fine. Budget? I'll not restrict it so imaginations can run wild!

Any recommendations?
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

no budget restrictions?

ok

how about a Kamesan KS-342 4-Channel Professional Compact Field Mixer?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

ok now something that you CAN afford (well i don't know maybe you do have 3500 for high school / college student productions but i don't have it for professional productions)

I use this one on most of my shoots and it is good quality and the cost is not astronomical. it is a Rolls Rolls MX422 - 4 Channel

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Well no, I certainly do not have the money for that kind of a mixer.

Rolls is a good deal, only thing: I have not found anyone who sells it locally, unless I ship it in (not my preferred choice).

I'm also looking at Sound Devices 302/mixpre. It's easily twice the amount, but a very compact mixer!
    Loong . Singapore

where do you live? that way i can see what i can find in your country!. B&H's Shipping even out of the US is not bad.
    Manoni Productions

Aha... I'm exactly where my signature writes, sunny Singapore. It's alright if you do not know where it is, it's a really tiny island!
    Loong . Singapore

i know where it is! LOL
    Manoni Productions

Gotta make sure. A good friend went over to the States for some business recently and he was stopped by the police. The cop had no idea where Singapore is! And boy was he really surprised that my friend can speak fluent English! Anyhow no issues with me if anybody don't know where it is.

Thanks for keeping a lookout.
    Loong . Singapore

man that makes me proud of the law enforcement here. stupid rednecks here thisnk if you aren't from the the us you must speak "mexican" or "asian" or "frenchie" some of them are very ignorant!
    Manoni Productions

audio mixer / beach tek

There's a little beach tek that will take 2 xlr cables.

IT's under 210.00 , looks good, portable , convenient.

And I've not used it yet.

(Not selling it , just describing it)

Check B and H , they probably have one at that price.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Quote: nagar
    View Post
    Hi to all, my turn to ask a question: I need a field mixer for basic production work (IVs, high school/college student productions). Just 2 to 3 XLR inputs will do fine. Budget? I'll not restrict it so imaginations can run wild!

Any recommendations?

Thanks for the recommendation superbooks. The specifications looks good. Only thing's I'm looking for one with XLR output, not a mini-plug one. But I think it's worth thinking about for projects with students.

Thanks again!
    Loong . Singapore