info on wiring a telephone with a XLR cable

Does anyone have a diagram of wiring and old phone (cradle phone) with a XLR cable to use through a board? I have seen this done but I cannot find any diagram of the wiring. I would like to use this at church to create a line of communication from the board to the platform. Let me know if you have any info. THANKS! God Bless!

Bringing back memories of highschool experiments. First, standard phones nees 50vdc to operate off hook. the intyernal circuits will not allow anything to get through otherwise. You must use fantom power, if available, from the board. to make the phone work, a pain in the butt. gotta go will figure it out and get back.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

Sorry I took so long. Use a mic in the talkback channel of the board instead.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'