Hooking compressor and EQ to powered monitors

How do I hook up a compressor and EQ to a powered monitor using Aux Sends. Plus what cables do I need to accomplish this. Also if I want to hook up these monitors when I'm outside doing a live event, how would I hook up these monitors the same way using my snake quarter inch cables.

aux send (trs 1/4 inch) to eq trs (tip,ring, sleeve) in, (left side), eq trs out to compressor trs in (left side) , comp out letft/right (ts 1/4 inch)(both outpput jacks, like guitar cords) to the respectjive LR monitors. Are you sure you want the comp and eq at this point in the chain?

as far as the snake goes, keep this equipment as close to the FOH board as possible, and patch with good cables. This will keep noise down.

Now you have entered into the food chain the eq and comp at the foh board, and that now needs to get to the stage monitors via the snake. All you need is trs connections on the snake to get it to the monitors.
    Last edited by penniesfromheaven; 28th Feb 2007 at 00:03.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

You said, if I wanted to hook up my EQ, Compressor into this chain. What other options do I have, or a better way, in hooking up powered monitors with a EQ and compressor. I have not up to this point, yet had to hook up compressors or EQ to my system because of I my budget to buy other things more important I needed. I'm beginning to learn more creative and better ways to improve my sound and get the most out of my equipment. Tell me how. I'm dying to learn better ways.

I guess I would use the aux busses, which is what I normally do. It works best when you have stereo fx. Axample: aux bus stereo pair out to the fx, and return back to a pair of unused channels on the board, that way you can control the fx return for individual channels, but keep the compressor at the end like I said earlier.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'