Thread: Best Practices

Best Practices

What's the best approach to creating streaming media that includes an audio track (recorded narration) with a few static graphics timed to audio cues?

1. Edit everything in a video editing environment (Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Avid) and then use Flash to convert to fla? Or,

2. Do everything in Flash?

Thanks.

I do all of my work in FCP. I know some people that do it in Flash though. It is just a matter of personal preference!
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I think either method is fine. Just use whatever you are most comfortable with.

I'm a Flash user but in this case I'd probably use a video editor because I'm more used to doing voice-over work that way.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

I was about to rent and edit in Final Cut Pro but then someone suggested just assume a linear mode in Flash: place the audio in one (long!) track, place the images in another track, relative to audio cues. There's an hour of narration, 50 (static) images. Sounds pretty straight forward -- more like video editing! And I own Flash. But I thought it would involve more ActionScript, which would be a challenge for me. Now I don't think it'll involve much scripting. Thanks for your help.