? on links and quotes

I still haven't figured out how to quote part of someone's question in a thread to put in a response.

Also, how can I place a link in a response to, say, a wiring diagram in one of the tutorials on this site?

Thanks in advance.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

Blog Entries
    Quote: penniesfromheaven
    I still haven't figured out how to quote part of someone's question in a thread to put in a response.
    Instead of clicking the Reply button, click the Quote button at the end of the message you want to quote. In the "Reply to Thread" form you should see the original message looking something like this, except the parentheses will be angle brackets:

{QUOTE=original_poster}Original message{/QUOTE}

You can either just enter your message below this, or delete parts of the quoted text as required.

Once you see how it works, you can edit the quoted text and divide it into parts. For example, when replying to your message, I copied and pasted the quoted part, then tweaked it to show as two separate quotes. Here's the second one....

Quote: penniesfromheaven
    Also, how can I place a link in a response to, say, a wiring diagram in one of the tutorials on this site?
    The simplest way is to copy the URL of the page you want to link to, and paste it into your message. It will automatically become a clickable link.

Tip: Use the "Preview Post" button to see how your message will look before you post it.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thanks, Dave

I'll try it!
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'