Character Generator recomendation please

Hey everyone. I'm pretty new to the video field. I'm running a "live broadcast" type of set up. I use a Focus MX-4 video mixer to combine camera shots, DVD footage onto a rear projection screen for live events. I'd like to add a character generator that could handle titles, graphics and some cool motion effects to "jazz" up the visuals of the show. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I'm open to stand alone units or something that could run on a lap top and be output to the video mixer via s-video or something.

Thanks in advance!

-Solan

Sloan......

as with many questions on here it comes to budget. some other questions you should ask your self is how portable do you need it. there are a few options that come to mind right away, but they may bee a bit pricey for your budget.....

Let us know a bit more information if you could...since it sounds like you are directing live TV the price is directly related to the quality and functions of the application
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

I'd like to stay under $1,000 and I'd like it to be portable or rack mountable.

Under 1000 huh????? well good luck. I am not saying it can't be done. i am just saying it will be close. here is a website with some CG makers to check out.

Let me know hot it goes for you

http://www.mandy.com/1/vendor2.cfm?tc=147
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!