Cost of Video Production Work

I work at a local TV station along with another of my friends and a my manager. There are not any other stations or production studios atleast for 30 or 40 miles. My question to you is: We all feel as though our hourly salary is to low for the type of work and the amount of work we are putting in. Me and my friend get 6 dollars an hour and my manager makes 7.50 an hour. Since we dont have any other prodution studios around here we dont have anything to base it on. We have no college degrees but we are all highly talented and I just need to know if anyone feels as though we are being ripped off. Thanks

Ok here are a few questions.
    1. Are you in a big City? ( i Know that answer is no if you are the only game in town)
    2. Is it an affiliated station? (ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS)
    3. How long have you been working there?
    4. How many years of experience do you have?
    5. what programs are you comfortable in?

Ok with that being said, Here at my station The low man on the totem poll is making the same as you. sounds a lot like you....No college education and has experience. On the other hand, i am making a Shite ton more and i am a production director. I am not sure that you are getting ripped off or not. I feel that you are all lucky to have jobs in this industry with out college experience. I only hire part-timers without college, and they are usually in college......

Ok after reviewing my answer....i feel that you are making about what you should expect. if you could answer my questions up top i could give you a better estimate as to what your services may be worth.
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

1. Are you in a big City? ( i Know that answer is no if you are the only game in town)
    2. Is it an affiliated station? (ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS)
    3. How long have you been working there?
    4. How many years of experience do you have?
    5. what programs are you comfortable in?

Re:
    1. I live in Bainbridge Georgia. We are broadcasting to 6,000 subscribers and hope to double that in the next couple of months due to picking up several more counties.

2. We are a public access channel

3. I have been working here for about 6 months my manager about a year and a half.

4. I have about 3 years experience and my manager has around 5.

5. I can use all Adobe products and Newtek products. If it can be done we are able to do it. With a limited staff we have to be able to work with anything and everything.

Ok Public Access Channel = Strike one

6000 viewers? well that is strike two

3-5 years experience? ok you should move to a bigger market.

depending on what your station pulls in......which is not much because Public Access channels are traditionally not for profit....you are probably right on your pay scale.....you should move to a bigger town!
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!