Thread: Headphones

Headphones

I was wondering why when I put headphones into my Video Camera it makes a buzzing noise. Is there an option i need to select that I am using headphones or something? I have a Sony DCR-TRV22 NTSC.

Thanks

when you play the vid back is there a buzz in the tape?
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

No you do not need to select anything except the volume, and volume has nothing to do with buzzes. Try what Kaw's mentioned.

Other stuff you can try:
    Play music from an mp3 player or something else using the same headphones. If it still buzzes, there's something wrong with either your headphone connections (usually the stresspoints, namely the cable near the plug or the cable near the earpieces). So, nothing wrong with the camcorder.

The other possibility could be if you use a 1/4 - 1/8 adapter... the adapter could be giving problems.

Still some more... try these first...
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

I own one camera of this type, and mine has one such jack thats like a headphone but isn't one at all - but an AV adaptor! (you know, those yellow,white, and red plugs?) and when I tried the same as what you're doing, mine made a buzzing noise too. So, chances are that you're making the same mistake as I first did - I could be wrong but If you're not sure if its either then just check with your manuel they usually have pictures in there with labels describing what does what. Hope that helps.

Quote: B_List19
    View Post
    I own one camera of this type, and mine has one such jack thats like a headphone but isn't one at all - but an AV adaptor! (you know, those yellow,white, and red plugs?) and when I tried the same as what you're doing, mine made a buzzing noise too. So, chances are that you're making the same mistake as I first did - I could be wrong but If you're not sure if its either then just check with your manuel they usually have pictures in there with labels describing what does what. Hope that helps.
    that would make sense......if you are plugging a set of headphones in to a A/V adapter there would be a buzz for sure. I do not know about your specific camera, however, if that is the only port you have on there, get a mini - RCA adapter and plug it in your TV, if the buzzing stops, that is the problem.......You can get a RCA/mini adapter and attach that and listen with your headphones, the quality will not be top notch, but it is better then the buzzing!
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!