Thread: Corrupt Mpg's

Corrupt Mpg's

Please help! I have several corrupt mpg files that are very important to me. What occurred for them to end up corrupt was as follows. I started a format on my drive and realised I hadn't backed up my video files. I then ran a file recovery program and recovered them plus pictures and music files which are fine but the video files won't play. Does anyone know what might be going on and/or how I may be able to recover the data and resave them?

You sound like hot soup... rather, you sound in it. I must say firstly, chances of recovering the files are really slim.

What software did you use, and did it recall all/most files you have had? Are all the video files not playing?
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

re corrupt mpeg's

The mpegs were recorded with Ulead Video Studio and no none of them play, yet the data is still there ie they are taking up physical space on the drive. I can't for the life of me remember what program I used to pull them, my pictures and music files off the drive. What gets me is that the jpegs, mp3s, wavs, wmas and docs etc were restored without much hassle but not the video files. Does this help at all? I know jack about programming but I have read that you can restore corrupt mp3s - so thought it may be possible with mpgs as well.

Consequently, I sourced a professional program that boasted that it could do this but could only access a demo and the full version costs thousands so this wasn't an option!

I've checked it out... if your computer (not the DIY kind) is still within the warranty period, it is possible to request the manufacturer to attempt recovery (only thing is that you DID recover... with malfunctioning files).

If not, it may be very expensive to do something about it...
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore