Sony Hi8 camcorder to vhs

I have a Sony HI8 camcorder model CCD-TRV68 NTSC. I have had this for over 5 years so it is an oldie. Being a HI8, they didn't make an adapter for the tapes to be played on a VCR. I purchased an S-Video cable and now I am able to view the recordings on the TV, but now I have family that wants to have a copy recorded for them and I can't figure out how to get it to record to a VCR tape. I know basically nothing about electronics, so I am hoping someone can help me with this.

easy.....plug the "adapter" i am guessing it is A/V cables, plug them into the input of the VCR and Walla!
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Same thing I'd do... just plug it in.

In case there's only a yellow and white input (composite RCA) on your VCR, follow the colors and you've got to forego the red one... that's all.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Sony Hi8 Camcorder

Hey guys,

Thanks for your input, but like I said, I am electronically challenged. I kept the s-video plugged from the camera to the tv. Not sure what a/v is but when you talked color I figured it was the yellow, white, red, so I plugged the three output from tv to input on vcr. Still not recording. I had a dvd/vcr combo, so I tried this same set up with vcr and still no recording.
    Do I need a cable cord from tv to vcr? Sorry to be so dumb, but I've never had to do this myself. I really appreciate the help.

nope, plug your camera straight in to the VCR, and then select Imput (if you turn on your TV and VCR and turn your TV like you were watching a movie, you would then see what ever is on the tape in the camera) Then press record and there you have it
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

So... does it work now my friend?
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore