I have niche video/audio live stream idea

I have a niche video/audio idea and want to set up a company to stream these niche video/audio events. What is the best equipment to get. I was thinking of the GoStream portable encoder.

What camera would be good enough or would I need to have microphones separately to make the audio sound good enough. One company emailed me to say they had 13million viewers simultaneously watching the elton concert.....lucky buggers! Just wondered what they would have used. Do the mics then go into a mixer machine? And then from the mixer into the encoder? Is that the right process?

Whenever I watch Youtube stuff, the videos always seem to buffer. why is that then..I thought the technology was here for good quality streaming now. I would need the live stream to be good so that it didn't buffer.

well, anyone who can help with these things let me know. Thanks
    martin

also i forgot to say is someone said that the best connection to the internet is stsl. But a mate of mine thought a standard adsl broadband should be good enough.

From a quick look at the specs, something that seems to be lacking from the GoStream portable encoder: allowance for multi-cam inputs. For that, I'm not sure and maybe you can correct or update me on this musician.

Unless your set-up is a simple single camera point and shoot... otherwise you'll have to additionally acquire a video switcher to stand in between your cameras and your encoder.

A more complicated but compact setup could be the Sony Anycast. It is quite a feature packed wonder IMO. Although I did hear some complaints from a friend about it, I think it could be another option that is worth the consideration.

As for audio inputs, unless you're doing an OMO, otherwise the best deal's always to tap on the sound guys... the audio consoles... line out.

As for the internet line... you need to have a fast uplink... but since you're going to be on the go (as in mobile)... I'm not sure how you can get constantly get the most uplink (or speed) esp, when you are mobile.

ADSL is good enough, for those at the receiving end if you aim for 13 mil viewership!
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore