Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm actually capturing analog over component from my Comcast DVR using a Black Magic Intensity Pro to my hard drive. It captures in AVI initially and gives me the ability to capture in either HD or SD. I don't necessarily have to use Elements, it's just what I've been using. I know there are programs that will convert to MPEG (such as the "Any Video Converter" mentioned previously, and it does have next to identical quality as the AVI file), but it seems that even after converting to MPEG first, Elements will still manipulate the file so that the quality and size is less when creating the DVD. So basically I'd like to find a program that will do a good job of creating an SD DVD from good quality SD AVI files or HD AVI files, while preserving as much of the original AVI quality as possible.

Hope this clears up my dilemma, and thanks for your help!

If you are capturing over Firewire with Premiere Elements and you are experiencing quality loss when you burn the DVD there is something wrong. There are 1000's of people happily burning high quality videos with Premiere Elements all over the world.

If you are capturing with another program and not capturing DV-AVI with Premiere Elements, then anything can be happening and all bets are off

Yeah, it's kind of confusing why the quality isn't there. I'm not using firewire. The connection is component video cables directly to the Intensity capture card, so basically I'm capturing using PCI express directly to my hard drive, which is a lot faster than firewire. I have to use a raid setup so that the hard drives can keep up. It captures in AVI, and the files are huge, but look great. But when I convert to DVD, it's not as good as the AVI file looks. I tried using the aforementioned "Any Video Converter" to convert the files to DVD Mpeg, and it retained the quality. It was noticeably better than using Elements to convert and author. But, "Any Video Converter" won't make DVD's like Elements will. Like I noted earlier, when using Elements seems to compress the files alot, so that an hour long AVI file only takes up about 2.5Gb of space on the DVD, and there's no way to control the compression. I'm thinking this might be why the quality isn't as good as I'd like.

Capturing via PCIExpress my look better according to certain stats but it cannot compare to Firewire for capturing Video.

If you would capture via Firewire directly into Premiere Elements you will not have this problem, it is as simple as that

Quote: Chuck Engels
    View Post
    Capturing via PCIExpress my look better according to certain stats but it cannot compare to Firewire for capturing Video.
    Why not? If the source is analog, I'd prefer 4:1:1 raw conversion (yet alone 4: to a DV conversion prior to capture.
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Quote: Urbanator
    View Post
    Yeah, it's kind of confusing why the quality isn't there.
    I have found U-lead's DVD software gives quite a bit of control over the compression, and some higher end software (read: $$$$$$$$$) can run variable bit-rate allowing the user to 'shape' sections of the video to higher or lower compression. (force higher compression on more static or unimportant scenes [and those meant to look blurry/poor quality/etc], lower on higher motion scenes)
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

If you want to convert HD video to SD video, there is an easy way, you can try HD Video Converter, it can convert among HD video formats, convert HD videos to SD videos and audios, convert SD (Standard-Definition) videos to HD video including MOD, TOD, AVCHD (M2TS, MTS, M2T), TS, TP, TRP, H.264/AVC, MKV, HD WMV, MPEG-4 and Quick Time etc.

Work well on my computer, i like it, and i believe that once you try it, you will like it too. Following is a step by step guide:
    http://www.flash-video-soft.com/blog/?p=361

Hope it can help you.

I have been used video converter for 3 years, because of my work, an editor of a website, I have to cut many videos a day, and combine, convert, edit them. So, I used various video converter, I think any video converter and leawo video converter are the best ones, for any video converter is very easy to use, and leawo video converter has a good convert speed with high quality. I use them both.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123