Next PD-150 question, please......

Hello again:
    The next question I have is this...

When I went to setup the PD-150 in the theater, I first tried to manually set it up by adjusting the iris, shutter, and gain, but no matter what I did, the screen always looked too dark to me. I turned the gain all the way up to 18db. I opened the iris all the way, set the speed all the way down to 1/30. The picture still looked dark.

However, when I set the camera back to Auto, everything looked a little over exposed, especially the faces on stage.

Huh???

How could this be? What does the camera know that I don't? I tried everything I know to get a good pic on manual, but failed.

What did i miss??

Thanks,
    William

Is your camera saying 'I need to go for servicing'?
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore

Reply...

I don't think so, it's brand new.....less than 10 hours operation...rh

I am stumped on this. I am sure that you are doing somthing wrong, or not know about an option, but i just can not figure it out
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

I know you asked this last time you started a thread...but, maybe its your white balance - I've gone to shoot things on "manual mode" and found that the white balance wasn't properly adjusted, and made my indoor shoots look dimmed quite significantly.
    But, Hell, I've been wrong many times and you may have already tried this -but a little of my input couldn't hurt...
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by B_List19; 5th Jun 2007 at 02:42. Reason: typo

Thanks to all....

Thanks to all for the replies. I do not know what happened, but I will try again nest assignment and see if it works better.

Thanks again,
    William

I'm not sure abt what B_list19 has suggested but, yeah maybe you can try looking at that. And just verbalizing what's in my mind... I wouldn't hire you as my videographer if I discover you only work on solving problems DURING assignments!

I'm sure a theatre is NOT the only low light in-door avenue where you can have to trouble-shoot your camera again, unless it's not yours and there's no way you can get hold of it unless another shoot's on.. even if that's the case, speaking to the owner abt the issue might even get you a whole weekend to spend with it in order to work things out!

In short, do something about it my friend. Looking forward to hearing your discoveries.
    There's no bad camera, just a bad user
    Loong . Singapore