Hi to all video producers

Im just new and with some questions.
    Im planning to set a group like website with service of flash video. I have two questions:
    How am I able to calculate the bandwith needed for the website and
    How can I set up an online flash program to capture video from a webcam, automatically convert it to flash video and save it in the streaming server to access for suscribed customers. Thank you

Quote: graphicman
    View Post
    Im just new and with some questions.
    Im planning to set a group like website with service of flash video. I have two questions:
    How am I able to calculate the bandwith needed for the website and
    How can I set up an online flash program to capture video from a webcam, automatically convert it to flash video and save it in the streaming server to access for suscribed customers. Thank you
    Hi.
    1. bandwidth- to get to this level I am assuming that your target market survey, will have given you a rough indicator of the volume of traffic, do your maths, as in what did your market survey tell you?? 2 in a 100 will buy your product. Understand this is the web you have to have to reach 1,000 unique visitors plus everyday, to sell anything- which means you have to make small clips on your site, as freebis and the full clip for paying members,
    2. webcam will most likely output into avi, mpeg or wmn. Think your project through, will someone pay money for something that is being captured with a web cam??
    1. you have to have capture software- any
    2. convert to flash encoder
    3. ftp software to upload to your site server
    4. embed the flv player into your video clips
    Executive Producer,
    Start Up Evangelist

thanks for replying

Thank you willie04.
    Just to let you know, reserving the fact that what I want to offer is a service, not a product like video clips, What I need is that when people get connected to my website, they are able to send video of themselves through webcam. I want that video have it enconded to flash video in the server and then have it available for other people on the same web page with a flash player via secure access. Thanks.

Hi,
    I am going to reply as you posted,
    your offering a service
    your clients will be sending you cam clips- that you want to save and encode into flash, for the other clients to view.
    1.your talking flash communication server for the flash streaming.
    2.encoding software
    3.i am looking at this from a business perspective, if it is not going to make money
    because money is going to be used to pay for bandwidth, unless you have some heavy sponsors, try and do your project from different perspective
    4. your affiliate and distribution network????
    change someparts of what your wanting to do and tell us about it,
    we will let you know, what we think about it
    Executive Producer,
    Start Up Evangelist