Thread: Help

Help

Hey everyone! I just became apart of this site and I have a problem. I am into music (Hip-Hop). I am a lyricist,make beats and am trying to mix my music down. My mix downs aren't real bad But I need for them to be better.I have a lot of people that are willing to mix my music down for me but I do not have time to wait for people. I am using adobe audition 1.0.I usually compress my vocals.I use to amplify and or normalize my vocals when I was first starting out but I have come to the conclusion that I do not like how it sounds. I some times throw a a little bit of reverb or echo because it gives my vocals a nice crisp sound depending how I say my words. I went into dynamic processing and played with it for about an hour. I like how it makes my vocals sound when I out it on a certain type of preset. Can some one please give me advice on what I shoulb be doing when it comes to this program and mixing down period!!!!

I am not too sure what you are asking. But as far as how to make your track sound better, it is a matter of what you like. Also you are doing the right thing, playing around with the program. that is how you learn.
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Okay does anbody have other methods to share on making vocals sound better?