camera equipment

Hi all. I am interested in making a short reality show just for fun and I was hoping I could get some advise on what equipment I would need to use. I already have a Sony HDR-FX1 cam-corder and most of the equipment I need, but I know there are a few handy things I might be missing and I hope you all can help. So far I have the following:

Sony HDR-FX1
    2 9 hour Batteries
    Battery Charger
    Camcorder Light
    Wide-angle Lens
    Lens Filters
    2 Extension Cord
    Surge Protecter
    High Def Blank Tapes
    Tripod
    Monopod
    Shoulder Brace
    Microphone
    Headphones
    Lens Cleaning Cloth
    White-balance Cloth
    Green Screen

Thanks!

well depending on the quality of the show you are looking to make. you may have it all. there is always more, however if you are making it for fun and not for an actual pilot then you are in good shape
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Blog Entries
    You're better-prepared than some professional crews I know
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Talented actors would help as well!

you seem to be missing some lights in that package there (or I just missed something...).

get many smaller juz like... sd cameras to hide around

thatll make it soo much better

reality tv is about short clips of footage rather than quality

if u notice like big brother, they have many only ok camera getting hidden footage all throughout the house most of the show

Quote: rackdude
    View Post
    get many smaller juz like... sd cameras to hide around

thatll make it soo much better

reality tv is about short clips of footage rather than quality

if u notice like big brother, they have many only ok camera getting hidden footage all throughout the house most of the show

I %100 disagree. I have worked on a few in my day...and yes there are TONS of cameras, they are all top quality. the only time you will see "bad" footage is when it is suposet to look like that.
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Quote: kawsakimx6
    View Post
    I %100 disagree. I have worked on a few in my day...and yes there are TONS of cameras, they are all top quality. the only time you will see "bad" footage is when it is suposet to look like that.
    I'd have to agree with this. Most of these shows use a location set up with corridors and cutouts for professional cameras, hidden inside walls, etc. Much like a standard 360-degree set for any other sort of show. I helped with the production of a live shot music show on a set made to look like a restaurant, the entire customer area of the restaurant was built as a set, with cutaway holes in the walls to stick a camera through, there was enough space between the facade and the real wall for cameramen and cables.
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler