How to rip the sound from a video?

Wel, the topicis above I need to rip music from a film

Getting music audio from a video/ dvd/ movie

Hi there
    you will have to get a software called avid. that way you can capture your movie and edit the video out, then export your audio only

Alex

google it n u can get crap

adobe audition has a tool to export audio

or u can use cubase

or avid has the most high end

its all quality

with avid being the best and google free crap being the worst

n sometimes bad programs will b alittle off timing and have latency issues

ok please search this out. however. here is your answer....

If the music is in a file, or you do not habe the original edit, the vice and the SFX are laid on the music and is impossable.

If the video is only music and the video, any simple movie editor (imovie, windows movie maker, ect... ) will separate audio and video
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

ya

if its alrdy rendered all together

like all the voices and sfx are all put into one stereo track on the movie

all u can take out is that stereo track

yep. Unless you can get your hands on the original edit.

penniesfromhevan (a user on here) says that he knows a way to separate the elements, but i assure you it is not easy or cheap! I never read his explanation because i did not understand it, but you may want to shoot him a pm and see if he can help you. I am almost certain that it involves expensive programs
    Manoni Productions

Well, you could do such with Adobe Audition, zooming in all the way and manually synthesizing the voice track with the sound FX removed.... Then again, if the voice track is centered and the SFX are panned, you can remove the voice track by an inversion-addition and then subtract your voice-removed SFX track from the original.
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Quote: tonsofpcs
    View Post
    Well, you could do such with Adobe Audition, zooming in all the way and manually synthesizing the voice track with the sound FX removed.... Then again, if the voice track is centered and the SFX are panned, you can remove the voice track by an inversion-addition and then subtract your voice-removed SFX track from the original.

this is not an option if the voice is laid over the music. there is no way to remove the voice and leave the music in Audition in a stereo track. I agree that if you had the original multi track then the process would be quit easy
    Manoni Productions

Quote: kawsakimx6
    View Post
    this is not an option if the voice is laid over the music. there is no way to remove the voice and leave the music in Audition in a stereo track. I agree that if you had the original multi track then the process would be quit easy
    Well, if the music is panned around (at all, preferably evenly) and the vocals/whatever needs removing isn't, you simply invert one track and merge them to monaural; if you feel you can do it, you can play some tricks [do it twice, inverting a different track each time] to recreate simulated stereo. Most US released stuff doesn't use stereo to its fullest extent anyway, so it hasn't been a problem for me. (PS: I love the BBC. Britain got stereo sets, the BBC made things in stereo, here in the US, everything remains on the left channel because if some random person has a set that doesn't support stereo audio, they only hear that channel. Now that the US has surround sound, we started using stereo.... c'est la vie)
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler