Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Converting video to FLV files

Dear Dave,

I have a problem and hope I will get solution from you.
    I have a video editing software Avid's Liquid 7.10 which is the latest one; I want to create FLV files. I am able to export the captured video to FLV files through this editing software ; but unfortunately I cannt change the resolution ( width and height) of the exported FLV file.

just for your info.. when i export the video to FLV i see codec from FFmpeg..

Suggestions Please.. Do I need to install some encoders or what .. I am in a fix..

An early response would be appreciated..thanks
    Bharat

Quote: Dave
    View Post
    The most popular encoders are shown here, but these are encoders, not special effects generators. I think you will need to use an editing application first if you want to do that sort of thing.

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with your software to give a definite answer. It does seem very strange that you can't change the resolution - that's a pretty severe limitation.

Anyway, my only suggestion would be to export a normal video file from Liquid at the resolution you want the FLV file to be. You could then either:

(1) Import the file back into Liquid, then export it as FLV, or
    (2) Use another encoding program to convert it to FLV (eg Super ).
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Dear Dave,
    Thanks for your reply.

Have tried the first option you sugegsted.. but didnt work.. as there are presets already in the software on which the FLV 's are exported.

I will try the Super encoder.. will let you know..

And whats is the difference between FLVs amd SWFs? ISnt it a silly question?

Thanks
    Bharat
    Last edited by badbharat; 11th Sep 2006 at 08:40.

Blog Entries
    SWF files are the common type of Flash file you see used for animations, etc. FLV files are a special type of file used only for Flash video. Although SWF files can also be used for video, FLV is much better.

The trick is that FLV files are usually played inside an SWF file. So for example, you can create an SWF file to be a player and load FLV files into it.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Export a resize clip for FLV

With Abode Affter Effect or Adove Premiere You can use the functions To fit the same size of the composition.
    Creating first one composition of the size that You need. Anyone of these two programs fit in automatic form the size without distorting the image.
    Remember to use Square Pixels to make this task.
    You can export it with facility to FLV.

If You do not count on these programs you can use VirtualDub 1.5+. is Free Software, first convert the clip to AVI format, later with this software you can resize. Open your clip with Flash MX or Flash 8 and export to FLV again.

Sorry for my English.

I'm newbie in this forum. But I wish to offer to badbharat try another prog. I know that there are lot of converters. For example at geovid. One my friend told that he likes it.

Blog Entries
    I recommend against geovid. They are shocking forum spammers. I have contacted them on many occasions to try and address this issue but they never respond.

Please don't support spammers. Stay away from geovid.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

i use geovid's software too, it's not bad one (just good soft up to the prices). i don't think they are spammers, as i am. what did you want them to respond to you?

Blog Entries
    Quote: Bride_Corpse
    View Post
    what did you want them to respond to you?
    I wanted to discuss the fact that I was seeing up to a dozen people every single day registering here for the sole purpose of promoting geovid.com. None of these people ever contributed to any other threads and it was obvious they were abusing our forum to spam.

Whether or not it was geovid.com themselves, or just a lot of their resellers, I think they should have been willing to discuss the problem. I asked if they knew who was doing it, whether they had any rules about their resellers spamming forums, etc.

I never heard a thing back from them, so in the absence of any discussion I am forced to conclude that they know about it and most likely condone it. At the very least they don't care that people spam our forum promoting their products.

Interestingly, when I introduced image verification to our registration system to prevent automated registrations, the geovid spam dropped dramatically.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quote: Dave
    View Post
    I wanted to discuss the fact that I was seeing up to a dozen people every single day registering here for the sole purpose of promoting geovid.com. None of these people ever contributed to any other threads and it was obvious they were abusing our forum to spam.

Whether or not it was geovid.com themselves, or just a lot of their resellers, I think they should have been willing to discuss the problem. I asked if they knew who was doing it, whether they had any rules about their resellers spamming forums, etc.

I never heard a thing back from them, so in the absence of any discussion I am forced to conclude that they know about it and most likely condone it. At the very least they don't care that people spam our forum promoting their products.

Interestingly, when I introduced image verification to our registration system to prevent automated registrations, the geovid spam dropped dramatically.
    well, i don't really know who is right here, and who they are. just for me the phrase against geovid's software sounded a bit offensive, cause i use it, and like it most of all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast