Thread: Rendering .....

Rendering .....

I was wondering when rendering your final .AVI file should it be un-rendered prior to finishing all of the editing? I have an AVI file that I clipped all the scenes out, then I finished with music, and effects and rendered again to compress and save. When I open it up in any other media player, like windows it is blurry....wondering how to fix this....I am using sony vegas trial to edit....thanks!

Adeline

well, four tips on quality

A) its dependent on what you use to render, and trial of vegas probubly does not have the cineform connect hd rendering system the real vegas does, correct me if im wrong

B) its dependent on how many times you render, so render as little as possible. Render it off your camcorder (capture phase) and then render the finished movie. That should be all you should render unless you also use something else for color correction and effects.

C) Your camera might juz suck, and your footage does not have enough pixels to look clean when it is in full screen on your computer. make sure you have a good camera

D) Always render in the maximum of quality

Hi Rackdude
    I doubt whether she is using HD so the codecs that come with Vegas should be more than adequate.

Now, Adeline, you don't say how you want the final video to be watched?? Is it on a TV (via DVD) AVI files are seldom used as a final render any more and your rendered file should more than likely be MPEG2 if you are planning to transfer it to DVD via Nero.
    What you do is drop your original raw footage onto the Vegas timeline. edit the footage and add your titles etc etc and then render as an MPEG2 video. You can then use Nero's wizard to make your DVD using the MPEG2 file.
    You might want to take a look at these set of tutorials etc etc for Vegas if you are really stuck
    http://www.softweigh.com/video/tutorials.html

Chris

looks like I had to edit it in microsoft's video editor, but the version of vegas was much cleaner. The final version that I rendered was not viewable, probably because it is a trial. I think I am going to invest some money into adobe, I've heard that it is really good. Although I know how to use vegas now, so I am considering just having both. If anyone wants to check out my video it is my first one, so please bare with me.... Go to you tube and check out thefunkchica....that is me! or you can search seatbelt safety. I filmed this video for a scholarship from bridgestone tires. thanks for all your help!!!

Adeline

id say stick with vegas, adobe is totally going the wrong direction with their software by losing more capabilities, because they don't have hd editing inside the box and they removed a good sound editor (audition) and replaced it with crap (soundbooth). Adobe does not have the power vegas does, vegas and final cut pro are on the same power level, xcept one is mac, one is pc.

Adobe just has a great marketing campaign along with final cut pro, so vegas is cheaper and can do just as much if not more. with that, vegas lets you use 3rd party plugins if you need more power inside of it.

stick to vegas unless you go avid.