Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stuck Cannon XLR Plug

Unable to disconnect male cannon xlr plug (mic cable) from Neutrik combo input receptacle in MOTU unit. The lock clip seems to be operable and I'm pulling hard but don't want to damage equipment. It went in easy, but doesn't want to come out. Any ideas?

push the switch thing in and pull out?

Thanks. Tried that. Doesn't seem to be tuck on the lock thing. Seems like it is jammed into the socket.

are you sure the wire plugged in is the coreect wire? Just pull it hard, get some pliers and work it out slow
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Yes correct cable. I'll try the plier thing again. Got any ideas how I can cool (contract) the connection prior and during disconnect?

turn the camera off... it shouldn't be hott newayz

yeah it is just a XLR cable.....unless it is plugged in to a phantom power source (ie. mixer, amp...) you are good
    Manoni Productions

The housing may be out-of-round, if the metal is no longer the right shape and you slide it onto a plastic jack, it may be rubbing on the plastic and not letting go, just go easy on it, you'll get it out. I've seen 56 pair couplings that were very badly out of round get stuck to a video truck before, that was fun to get off......

Quote: Bassred
    View Post
    I've seen 56 pair couplings that were very badly out of round get stuck to a video truck before, that was fun to get off......
    Ouch. Did both sides come off clean? Could you re-round that connector, or did you have to purcha$$$$$e a new one?
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Quote: tonsofpcs
    View Post
    Ouch. Did both sides come off clean? Could you re-round that connector, or did you have to purcha$$$$$e a new one?

i would bet on purchase, it is rare that i can get a conector that costs any money true again.
    Manoni Productions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast