Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Actually, with my background in metal fabrication... I heated up the busted end and then put the cap on several times, and finally left the cap one for a day (it was a five day show) and it was very close to round again. you don't just buy and replace W4's that's a couple of days worth of soldering and a lot of headaches....
    The real pain was that you had to stand on a ladder and reach to get the cable and the receptacle to mate.... probably why it was busted, I almsot dropped it twice trying to get it lined up.....

Thanks to all for responses. The cable is a six foot mic cable purchased from Musician's Friend and marketed as a Neutrik product. I learned Neutrik does not have patent so the design is used throughout the world (mainly China). As a result, there are some poorly manufactured cables coming out of production, and like one of you identified, the metal barrel (housing) is likely out-of-round. It is still stuck albeit I learned you can pull the insert (and all wiring) out by unscrewing the rubber boot. I've decided to leave in the unit until it creates a singal problem. At that time the case must be opened, cable housing removed and a new receptacle installed (about $75 + s&h). Kinda expensive for $6.99 cable. I thought i purchased a bargain. Readers be advised and alert to counterfeit (or poorly crafted connectors) they can be costly to repair. Go with reputable brand names. You get what you pay for.

if it is so poorly crafted, you may be able to split the shell or re-round it with vice grips....
    Eric Adler (tonsofpcs)
    http://www.videoproductionsupport.com/ Chat at: http://tinyurl.com/vpschat
    Follow me on twitter: @videosupport @eric_adler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12