Blog Entries

My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance

My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance
    (Fox)
    http://www.fox.com/bigfat

I'm watching the first episode at the moment. My first impulse was to write about how wrong wrong wrong this programme is, but then I thought I've been judgmental enough about reality TV in this forum and perhaps I should admit that it's really quite funny.

Then I looked up a few blogs about My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance on the net and found a lot of people talking about cruelty and damaged relationships surrounding this programme. I have no idea how accurate it all is but there is a definite theme - those people who have seen more of it than me are not laughing any more.

It certainly does make me very uncomfortable the way reality TV plays with people's emotions and relationships. It's only funny until you see someone genuinely upset, and I suspect the upsetting is about to begin on My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance.

But boy, they got it right when they employed Steve (the actor). He really is big, fat and obnoxious
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries
    I've caught a few more glimpses of different episodes and I was right - people are getting genuinely upset. It really isn't funny any more.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

chops
    Yes but it was so damn funny