Blog Entries

The Power of Advertising

If there were any doubts, this should dispel them:
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/diet.....ap/index.html

Tests show that preschoolers perceive any food wrapped in McDonalds branding to taste better.
    Even carrots, milk and apple juice tasted better to the kids when they were wrapped in the familiar packaging of the Golden Arches.

The study had youngsters sample identical McDonald's foods in name-brand and unmarked wrappers. The unmarked foods always lost the taste test.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

I think they did this same study like 10 years ago with boxes of cereal. It is interesting to see that children, as well as adults can become a custom to thinking something tastes better then something else just by advertising. I guess that is what keeps me in business though, so i will not complain. I look at it as me doing my job correctly.

Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

godaddy is the only registrar that advertizes, and you can tell

Johnson Nguyen
    God, the media is this underminded power that people think they are totally unaffected by. Advertisers are facilitating an enormous amounts of envy to children and brainwashing them when they grow up to use their product. It's a great strategy. People may think I'm crazy but there are a lot of things an industry would do to keep themselves alive.

The Power of Advertising

hi,

I think they did this same study like 10 years ago with boxes of cereal. It is interesting to see that children, as well as adults can become a custom to thinking something tastes better then something else just by advertising. I guess that is what keeps me in business though, so i will not complain. I look at it as me doing my job correctly.

So true

Like they say work hard & advertise, the question is "in todays market, what mix of advertising to use?" As we all know there are more options now than ever. I have tried to find that answer or at least a guidline to the right mix. But there is no one answer except for "trial & error"