Laptop to Projector via XLR

Hello,

I am new to this type of thing. I am wondering if there is a way to run a projector from a laptop using our in house XLR wiring system. Inside our building we have XLR connections running from our stage to our mixer on the second floor. We would like to have a computer by the mixer for presentation purposes and place the projector near the stage.

I saw how you could solder together a XLR connector to RCA on your web site. I did not know if there were pre-made connectors that you can buy. I am wondering if the signal loss would be too great for the projector to display properly. Are there and digital transmitters / receivers that work across the XLR wiring that would carry the video and sound of the laptop.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Blog Entries
    I'm not completely sure about this but my feeling would be that you could make it work, although the type of cable probably won't be ideal for video. You might want to use a video amplifier if the signal looks weak. I think you'll get away with it in your case.

Another option would be a wireless network, but that's more expense of course. It might be cheaper to install additional wiring.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com